An auger drilling rig is a construction machine suitable for rapid hole-forming operations in building foundation engineering. The machine is suitable for construction, roads and bridges, electric power, greening, and other engineering operations of piling and drilling. The auger drilling rig is suitable for filling layers, clay layers, silt layers, silt layers, sandy soil layers, and stratums containing part of pebbles and gravel that cannot be drilled by short spirals.
Parameters of Auger Drilling Rig
|Vehicle mass (kg)||8000|
|Wheel base (mm)||Front 1400 After 1060|
|Drilling depth (m)||13|
|Drilling diameter (mm)||600-1600|
|Rotation angle||180 degree|
|Walking speed (km/h)||50|
|Gear pump model||CBJT2080|
|Hydraulic system working pressure (mpa)||20-25|
|Hydraulic system displacement (ml/r)||80|
|Engine power (kW)||88|
Working Principle of Auger Drilling Rig:
During the working process of the auger drill rig, the central tooth mandrel is drilled into the ground under the pressure of the drill bit to form a broken free surface and a tapered hole. The up and down movement of the drill rod of the drilling rig is realized by the drive device driving the reduction box, which is more conducive to the downward force and rapid drilling; the reduction box can slide up and down along the slide of the drilling rig frame to ensure the verticality of the drilling.
The bit teeth are in the hole the projection of the trajectory formed by the bottom is a set of concentric circles. Rock fragments, soil, and stones rise in opposite directions along the spiral blades. When they fill up the spiral blades, they are lifted and drilled out of the hole, or when they fall into the hole, they are fished out with a sandbar.
The Composition of Auger Rig:
A spiral drilling rig is mainly composed of top pulley block, power head, auger drilling tool, hydraulic lifting rod, control room, chassis, walking mechanism, slewing mechanism, hoisting wire rope, mast column, hoisting hoist, hydraulic system, and electrical system.
Features of Auger Drilling Rig:
- Strong adaptability: This pile type is suitable for various soils such as cohesive soil, silt, and filled soil, and can be piled under complex geological conditions such as soft soil with reduced diameter, quicksand layer, sand, and pebble layer, and groundwater.
- The pile body is of good quality: because the concrete is pressed into the hole from the center of the drill pipe, the concrete has the characteristics of compactness, no broken piles, no necking, etc., and has the effect of infiltration and compaction of the soil around the pile hole.
- High load-bearing capacity of single pile: Because the continuous pressure-grouting super-fluid concrete protects the wall to form the hole, it can penetrate and compact the soil around the pile hole, increase the side friction resistance of the soil around the pile, and make the pile foundation stronger The bearing capacity, pull-out resistance, horizontal resistance, small deformation, and good stability.
- Time-saving, labor-saving, and high efficiency: the drilling rig is directly hoisted into the steel cage, which can save the number of crane shifts and reduce the input of large machinery.
How to Choose an Auger Drilling Rig?
- First, choose the drill bit as large as the diameter of the hole： The diameter of YG Machinery’s auger rig ranges from 100mm to 1200mm, and the range is very wide.
- Next look at the site conditions of the area you drilled: Ordinary drill pipe (including drill teeth and drill bits), suitable for softer clay layers; Wear-resistant drill pipe (including cemented carbide teeth and cemented carbide drill bits) Mainly suitable for non-circular drilling in soil, sand, compact sand with a small amount of clay, and sand with small particle size; Soft rock drill pipe (including rock teeth and rock drill bits)Suitable for gravel soil, medium-hard rock and weathered rock formations.
Precautions for Auger Drilling Rig:
- When drilling holes, aim at the pile position, first touch the drill bit to the ground, and do not shake the drill pipe while drilling.
- When the drilling rig sends out an alarm signal for the lower drilling limit, stop drilling, lift the drill pipe a little, and start drilling when the alarm is touched.
- The side of the short spiral drill hole must also throw soil to the far position, and not throw soil on the hole position.
- When drilling, if the frame shakes, moves or a rhythmic noise occurs in the drill bit, stop drilling immediately and continue drilling after treatment.
- It is strictly forbidden to remove the soil on the drill pipe and spiral piece by hand when drilling, and touch the ground under the drill bit, break each part, put the joystick to the neutral position, and cut off the power.
- The power supply must be cut off when the drill is overhauled.
Auger Drilling Rig Manufacturer:
Auger drills are widely used in the construction of foundation pile holes in housing construction and are also suitable for the construction of underground continuous walls. Customers can choose the type of drilling rig according to their own needs. In addition, there are anchor drilling rigs, rotary drilling rigs, core drilling rig, water well drilling machine, DTH drilling rig, cement sprayer machines, fog cannon dust suppression, pile breaker machine, mobile sandblasting equipment, and small concrete pumps for sale.